Saturday, June 30, 2012

Quotes

Recently just finished another book in two days, Sarah Dessen's The Truth About Forever. I've gotten into a habit of reading other people's reviews on Goodreads after I finish a book.
This is a good book and I don't know whether it's the "now" me or the choice of books, books that I read recently all gives me similar types of erm, how to say, inspiration? feelings? thoughts? in chinese it should be 感触良多.

Anyway, so I went on Goodreads this morning to read some quotes and I would like to share them here!
Every person is different so the feelings you feel from each and every quote should be different but anyway here:


"Can you hate someone for what they have done, but still love them for whom they had been?" — Jodi Picoult
 “There's always going to be bad stuff out there. But here's the amazing thing -- light trumps darkness, every time. You stick a candle into the dark, but you can't stick the dark into the light.” ― Jodi Picoult, Change of Heart
“What did it feel like, I wondered, to love someone that much? So much that you couldn't even control yourself when they came close, as if you might just break free of whatever was holding you and throw yourself at them with enough force to easily overwhelm you both.” ― Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
“All I'd ever wanted was to forget. but even when I thought I had, pieces had kept emerging, like bits of wood floating up to the surface that only hint at the shipwreck below.” ― Sarah Dessen, Just Listen
“Some things don't last forever, but some things do. Like a good song, or a good book, or a good memory you can take out and unfold in your darkest times, pressing down on the corners and peering in close, hoping you still recognize the person you see there.” ― Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby

No comments: