Saturday, July 26, 2014

140712 Bangalore, India - Going There

I wanted to blog about this trip as soon as possible, in fear that I will start to forget the tiny details or feelings I felt from the trip. I took a lot of photos, being the default photographer and trying to capture as much as possible, not sure how many posts I will need to cover everything. haha

Unlike the bloggers who pick only the best photos to put in their travel blogs, I tend to lower my bar a little when I'm writing travel posts. Reason being, I'm often very frustrated by travel bloggers who doesn't show much. What if I have never been there and want to see more of that place, one or two picture from each place doesn't cure my curiosity.
It's just personal preference I think, I'm so detail-oriented I drive myself crazy sometimes. 

So bear with me, if you feel like I'm throwing too much photos at you, I'm so sorry. haha
Also, I want to be able to see a lot to jog my memories when I come back to my blog when I''m 70.  lolol.

-------------
Introduction

This was a business trip to Bangalore for a week, we then extended a few days to go to Taj Mahal and a few more days for Singapore. 

Trust me, all of us did so much preparation before going - taking injections, getting pills, being mentally prepared, but I would say it wasn't as bad as I thought (or maybe I didn't know what to expect before I go). Ritz Carlton probably played a big part in making the stay 90% more awesome. 

Chapter 1
Some of us took MH and departed in the morning, and some of us took SQ departing in the afternoon. 
Had to pack to a minimal because we will be taking domestic flight with weight limit to Delhi from Bangalore and it really gave me a lot of headaches while packing.





For the first time ever, we were travelling with ADPs! 
We were all heading to the APJ Development Summit which is held in India this time, where the global FDPs and ADPs fly in as well for the conference, along with the APJ directors, other development programs and the CFO council. It was kinda a big event, all the important people were there and it was so much fun. 

The conferences always happen after we finish our exams and research project, so we were super relaxed and ready for the holiday. 

At the Changi airport


The only window shot I got as I always take the aisle seat, knee can't stay in same position for too long, weak body. 


food on the Silkair flying to Singapore.


A glimpse of clean Singapore while taking the Skytrain to Terminal 3.

  

 A shot caught by KwongYeow, my assigned junior buddy in the FDP, one semester junior than me but we are of the same age, so very often when I treat them like kids, they remind me that I'm not much older. But really, I feel like I have gained a lot of mental age since then. haha



 We decided to go to the butterfly garden.
I wished I saw more butterflies, but nevertheless, happy with these shots!


broken wings.






Best chocolate muffin I have ever tasted, from Costa Coffee

Finally, on our way to Bangalore.

the menu of the day.

I was so full already but I couldn't reject the Kit Kat ice cream!
Little did I know, it was the start of my weight gain journey in India. 

Best plane food I have ever tasted. so damn good.

After the 4 hour flight, we have finally arrived at Bangalore. I was so so so tired. 
But it was only 9-ish PM there. There is a 2.5 hour time difference with Malaysia, so it made me hungry at all the wrong times and waking up at the wrong times. ugh it was tiring, though you may think it's just 2 and a half hour. 

So happy to see my luggage again, having the trauma of losing my previous luggage in the States. 
Now, my heart beats fast whenever I'm waiting for my bag from the belt. 


The driver took our luggage while I was being extremely surprised by how decent and cooling the weather is.
This is the first time I traveled without a jacket because I thought India would be dead hot. I did some research on the weather before I went but I didn't know Bangalore is that cooling. Having a 20-25 degree Celcius on average. It was awesome, but half the time I was feeling too cold as the wind was really really strong. 

----
Will continue the rest in the next post! Sorry for this anti-climax post. hahaha. I haven't got to filtering the first day yet. We took a local tour to Mysore, the second largest city in the state of Karnataka, India. It was an eye opener for me, and my very first glimpse of the India culture....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, cy! been away since i e-mailed you (you were in india then.) just wanted to comment that i'm looking forward to catching up with your posts. :) take care. xo, d.