Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Giver

I watched the movie yesterday and I really liked it!
I think that not everyone will be able to appreciate such show but it really touched my heart. 

It is one of the rare movie remakes that make me feel that the movie is worth as much as the book. 
I like how the movie was made, in the sense that it captures the gist of the book, changes a little but to help the movie viewers (non-book readers) to understand it better.
It's beautiful.

The reason why I'm writing this is because I feel that the movie is kinda underrated. I know The Maze Runner's ad is everywhere, I know Maze Runner is gonna be good as well because of the story. 

But The Giver deserves more attention.
It is not an action movie, if that's what you are expecting.
It's a movie that really make you think about your life and how appreciative you are about everything.

If you read books, please read the book by Lois Lowry! 
I read this book 14+ years ago, it was pretty mind-blowing for me because I was just a kid. 
But the fact that this story stayed with me so long, proves how good it is.

Go watch it! Give it a chance :)
They are not showing in Queensbay though, just Gurney and 1st Avenue. 
I'm not gonna show you the trailer because I know not everyone likes to watch trailers. 
You probably will enjoy the movie more if you don't know what to expect ;)


No comments: