Friday, January 30, 2015

150109 Hong Kong Part 1

I'm back! After approximately 17 days of travelling.
If anything, I'm so proud that we went so many places and I did all the planning, might not be perfect, but I guess it was good enough. Looking back at all the photos we took, I wish we took more (I always do). 

To give you a brief introduction of what's gonna take over my blog, possibly for the next few months, ha ha, will be pictures from Hong Kong - Chicago - NYC - Orlando - Austin - Los Angeles. Some called us crazy, some were envious, at the end of the day, everyone was jealous (I made sure to post the awesome pics up first) :P
I don't know how we managed but we did. haha. It was awesome. If only the weather was better, and my body was less tired. 

Oh wait, so why this trip happened?
It's because 6 months passed by and it's time for Global Conference again! (Last one was in Bangalore, India).
This time, it's in Austin, Texas. Def took the opportunity to travel arounddd!
Next conference will be in Penang though, everyone is excited, well.. except Penangites. 
As I quote them "What is better than staying at a beach hotel for conference".

We have a 12 hour layover in Hong Kong, purposely arranged by yours truly. lol. I was like we gotta eat those egg tarts man. So yup, we arrived in HK about 11 in the morning and our flight was at 11 at night. It was tough to roam around finding food spots I saw online without internet data. Nevertheless we had fun. Probably one of the most productive days in the trip. 




 So surprised to see Winner's first album on the plane. Happy!

Going to Terminal 2 to leave our bags at the storage facility before heading out! Terminal 2 Level 3 is the place. Beside Starbucks. We all shared my bag and left all our laptops in there. Because no way we gonna carry those stones out.


 View from Airport Express.

IFC


Came out from Hong Kong Central station. Got a couple to take a picture for us. And surprisingly it's nice. You know how it's like when you ask stranger to take photos of you and it's always a 50/50..

We took the Airport Express to save time (I'm gonna put clickable links from now on alright), return same day is free! While doing my research, folks on trip advisor also recommended Airport Bus. Look that up too! 
For our trip specifically, I know you can take A11 to Sheung Wan (which is in HK Central), then take A21 from Tsim Sha Tsui back to Airport (after the Symphony Light show). Hope this helps!




First stop for lunch: 
Honolulu Coffee Shop 檀島咖啡餅店 . 

It was my mistake to only remember the english name. We had a tough time looking for this place because the locals don't know what the heck we were talking about. If you are going to the one in HK Central, it's located along 33 Stanley Street 士丹利街33號.

Once we stepped into the shop (during lunch time), the atmosphere scared us so much, lol.
It was so chaotic, noisy, everyone was busy buzzing around, waiters yelling here and there. Typical HK peak time chaos. We wanted to ask for recommendations etc but no one was free to entertain us. We sat there so long reading the menu, I mean me, I was the only one capable of reading all chinese words. So confused because there is a lot of food that I have zero idea about too. 

In the end, we ordered egg tarts and pineapple buns (po lo pao). 
It tasted soooo good. I mean like really. The inside of the tarts melt literally the moment I bite into it.
Pineapple bun was alright, love the flaky part though. Eat it while it's hot!

Also, this place has free wifi faster than my house here in Penang. 

We sat there for so long the others got more hungry and ordered extra food. I didn't taste them so I can't say if they are good or not. 

 More pics because they deserve it.




Went to Mong Kok for some street shopping. Everything was so cheap! I had a hard time controlling myself. Because I was saving luggage space for the States. I kinda regret it now.. I probably should have bought a few.. The clothes were so korean-inspired-ish, those good quality coats, beanies, sweatshirts. Aren't anything like the local korean-inspired-lackofquality-clothes here.

 Taken with my Canon 600d & Tamron 17-50mm f2.8. 
I just can't forget this camera can't I. lol.
Maybe only when I get a fixed aperture lens on my Fuji..





We went to Avenue of Stars in the evening. 
It was so relaxing. We spent hours there and waited till the night light show. 
So breezy and cold too. Luckily, I have my gloves with me. So yay!
The downside is, it was hazy. Hence the not so clear buildings from afar. 

 Bruce Lee no prints.




  Was here 9 years ago. Sorry I look so pale the entire time. haha


I shall continue the other pictures in Part 2. Or else this post will be too image heavy alreadyyyy. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d2Fi_qWfXns/VMl8Otdmm1I/AAAAAAAAh-k/rPtaUgCUPQA/s860/2015-01-09%2B11.05.56%2B1.jpg) is a terrific shot. you should make a print :) x, d.