Friday, February 20, 2015

150110-150111 Chicago Part 2


We took the bus to Navy Pier, which is also payable by the unlimited metro card. I think I fell asleep on the bus because I don't remember the scenery or anything before we got there. Haha. Also, it was already dark so yeah. 

The one thing I didn't like at all is that daytime is way too short in winter. It gets dark around 4-ish onwards :( which makes it difficult for me to photograph anything. 

Us and our bands. 5USD admission fee and get to take a few kiddy rides. 
we didn't buy the full activity ticket, it was like 25USD, and you get to play everything there.

The huge Christmas tree that lights up so prettily! 



Kid's slide. super cute. I would be thrilled if I'm allowed to play that. lol..

You can find all sorts of Christmas Trees there. I was so happy because it's my favourite celebration, merry merry happy Christmas.




We rode the carousel! :D 
The best part is, this carousel is a lot faster than the usual ones at amusement parks.




I miss ice skating! One day, I have to skate in an outdoor park during winter. One day..

this is one super extreme ride for the children, they were screaming their lungs out.


I loved Christmas movies, well I still do. And you know in most movies, there's always the toy soldier. So much feels.


Shake Shack was just around the corner of our hotel. Teehee, was so happy when I found out on google maps. 
So, part of how I planned our trip is I literally look for places on google maps on my pc, read reviews, check their stars, add them to my saved places. And of course it's always a bonus when I find places I'm familiar with near our hotels. 


Shake Shack love!! It was so good T_T

Complimentary breakfast at the hotel we stayed (Hyatt Place, River North). 
It was good! Bacon, sausage, omelette, muffins, yogurt, cereal. I quote them "It's all Chia Yi's kind of food". lol lol. Needless to say I was really happy. Though my face looked really "pong" in the pic above, because I was so jet lagged I woke up at 3am and stayed awake till 7am... :S





Early in the morning, I decided to go to see the Chicago river. 
Walked around inside Grant Park too, I should have gone back to The Bean for more pics, maybe it's empty in the morning :/ dang it, why didn't I. 

mid-motion.

Crossing the road. 

Everything about the place is beautiful beyond words. I wonder how it looks like in spring or fall.

Train. :)



Meeting Lincoln. 

A beanie and that hood makes all the difference. It was so cold but we were slowly getting used to it. hahaha

hehe. standing straight in every picture.... 

On the other side, there's a road and a harbor, which explains why there's no buildings in the horizon. 


Tried panorama mode on my Fuji. Not bad! click to enlarge :)
That's probably the closest-to-reality pic I can give you. We were like the only people there. haha


Also, while previewing this post, I realized that it 's too image-heavy so I moved some to the next post. Excited! I will be posting pics of the frozen Chicago River and our experience at the Skydeck next!



No comments: