Thursday, December 24, 2015

Books I Read in 2015

This year, Goodreads implemented a new page that shows what books we read in the year and some statistics along with it.
This is mine: https://www.goodreads.com/user/year_in_books/2015/9124113


Short Review on some of the books

I rated this book with 5 stars on my Goodreads. 
It tells the story of two sisters during the war time and how they fight to survive.
It was a bit slow in the beginning but when the story unfolds, it really hits right in the heart. I highly recommend this book! Not forgetting, if you want to read something similar where the book setting is in WW2, I recommend Jodi Picoult's The Storyteller as well :)

This is another book that is set during the war time. I don't really have much knowledge regarding the Baltic countries and Stalin's reign during that time. Most books I read was about Hitler. Anyways, this was a good book that I gave 4 stars, maybe 3.5? It was a bit draggy and slow, nevertheless it's an okay read. 

Another Kristin Hannah book. People tend to say she overwrite/overdescribe a lot. But so far, I don't really have any problems with that. If anything, I find it easier for me to picture the person in my head. But anyways, back to the book. This is a modern time story about an overprotective mum and some family issues along with it. It has a few unexpected twists so don't try to read the synopsis too much or any reviews that will spoil it. It's a good book and I teared a little in the end.... 

Paula Hawkins - The Girl on The Train
Started reading this one because of its sudden popularity. One definitely don't know what to expect with this book. It's mystery and thriller combined. It's creepy, it's twisted.

Some light reads would be Saint Anything, Finding Audrey, Lullabies (poem)To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

No comments: